I can't connect to servers online, or I receive the error “Can’t Connect To Klei” when I try to Login or Create an account, Steam Online shows true.You can check the status of the Klei servers here status.kleientertainment.com. If our services are running, the issue is likely with the security settings on your computer.
First, fully restart your computer. If you have a pending update for Don’t Starve Together in Steam, install it. Some users have also reported that connectivity was restored when restarting their router or modem.
If you have MODS installed, please delete all mod files and unsubscribe all of your mods from the Steam Workshop, then enable them one at a time to identify which one is causing the issue.
Running Don't Starve Together in administrator mode can fix connection issues as well. To do that, right-click on the dontstarve_steam.exe (found in \Steam\SteamApps\Common\DontStarveTogether\bin) and choose "Run as Administrator."
- VPNs: If you are running a VPN service in the background, try temporarily disabling the VPN in case this is blocking the system from connecting to our servers.
- Connectivity may be blocked by your security software (Mcafee, Norton, AVG, Avast, etc). You can temporarily disable these services to see if it fixes the issue. If you wish to keep using these services you may need to add an exception for Don’t Starve Together. These services try to prevent rogue programs from communicating with outside servers, but often flag new software as rogue.
- Try resetting your router, and ensure that your router's firmware has been updated to the latest version. You will be able to find the firmware updates on the router manufacturer's website
- Try connecting to a wired internet if you are currently on Wi-Fi, can we get you to connect to the internet directly through an Ethernet cable instead. Wi-Fi connections can sometimes be inconsistent depending on the location and how strong the signal is.
- Windows also comes with a built in Firewall. This service stops rogue programs from communicating with the outside world. This is usually a helpful feature, but occasionally it may block a program you want to have internet access on. You need to add an exception to your firewall to allow Don’t Starve Together to communicate with the outside world.
To allow a program to communicate through the firewall in Windows 7, take the following steps:
- Click Start | Control Panel | Windows Firewall.
- Click Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Locate the program in the list of Allowed Programs and Features.
- If it is present, make sure the boxes are checked for each network type you wish to allow.
(Copied from: https://pattersonsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19201/~/windows-7---how-to-allow-firewall-exceptions-in-the-windows-firewall )