- OS: Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/OSX10.7 or better/Ubuntu 12.10
- Processor: 1.7+GHz or better
- Memory: 1+ gigs of RAM
- Graphics: Radeon HD5450 or better; dedicated 256 MB or higher (GMA Cards not supported - see below)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 500 MB HD space
- Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card and drivers
Players with video cards under 256 MB will experience intermittent crashing issues (or not start) as Don't Starve requires video cards with at least 256 MB or over for Dedicated RAM.
IntelChipsets (GMA Graphics Cards)
There are some known issues running the game while using Intel integrated chipsets. If your GPU (graphics card) has the letters "GMA" in the model number, we won't be able to support it.
To check what kind of graphics card you have, you can take the following steps in Windows:
- On your desktop, click on "Start."
- On the Start menu, click Run.
- In the Open box, type "dxdiag" (without the quotation marks), and then click OK.
- The DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens. Click the Display tab.
- On the Display tab, information about your graphics card is shown in the Device section. Here, you'll be able to see the name of your card, as well as how much video memory it has.
If you're unsure of this restriction, please feel free to ask in the official Don't Starve Forums